Thursday, June 18, 2020

June 18




As a project during distancing I have been working my way through my CD collection, listening to one a day.  I estimate there are 150-200 of them.

I used to listen to music all the time.  If I wasn't watching TV there was usually classical music playing although most of my CD's are cabaret singers.  Now I find I rarely have music on and there are times when I find it totally annoying.

Now I mainly have white noise or drone type things on to try block out the background noises created by my thoughtless neighbours.

Listening so far I've found that some are much as I remember, some I find awful and I may discard them, and some are far better.

As I do this I wonder if this will be the last time I ever listen to many of them.

I don't regret buying them because at the time they meant something to me and I enjoyed them.




No comments: