Monday, June 8, 2020

June 8 ,2020




So, week three and they're still doing damn renovations.  Today it's been on and off but when it's on it sounds like they're trying to drill through my walls.

I can't complain to my friends about the noise because they're all sick of hearing me complain about noise.
I know that I'm hypersensitive to noise but knowing that does not mean that it upsets me any less when I'm forced to be exposed to it.   I also know there's nothing I can do about it and there's no place I can go except death to be free of it, but again, doesn't mean it bothers me any less.

I went for a walk to be away from it for a bit.  I walked as much as I could where there was greenery and it was so wonderful to be near trees, but I couldn't stop and just sit because -- pandemic, people.

I returned the items I had out from the library but I won't be borrowing anything physical for the duration.  There are lots of ebooks available and I have Netflix now.

I stopped and got takeout fish+chips on the way home, the first time I've had takeout since lockdown started.  It was "white fish" and there was something about the texture that I just didn't like and I ended up eating the batter but discarding the fish.  The fries were OK and the cole slaw was delicious.  My stomach problems have been much reduced during the last 12 weeks when I've been relying on my own meal preparation.

In all honestly I'm not missing seeing people much at all.  I'm in touch with friends but I find too many and too long phone calls annoying.  With email and social media I have more control over when and how much time I spend with "others". 





No comments: