Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 21




I had a call last night from a friend who is finding social distancing very difficult.  He is getting out for walks and food but is missing seeing people.

I have to admit that while I find keeping in touch with people by telephone or the internet is important to me that I do not mind not seeing people in person.  At least so far.

I'm actually rather relieved that I don't have to get together with people and sit around chatting or go out to a restaurant and sit at the end of the meal waiting for the others to finally be ready to leave and go home.

I was an only child and my parents were not very social people.

As an adult I've lived on my own since I left home.

There were many periods in my life where I came home after work on Friday and did not leave again until Monday morning.

So in many ways my life under this lockdown is not all that much different from my life before.

I'm apprehensive when I'm out to shop or walk but during my time alone at home I'm quite content.



No comments: