Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Travel Insurance

 

So, another story in the news this morning about a Canadian, travelling to the USA, believing the travel insurance they purchased will protect them.  Then a heart attacks happens while they're there and after submitting the $600K plus claim it is refused on a technicality.

This is not a one time happening.  I hear this sort of story often.

Even if the claim is accepted it can result in only partial payment.

I don't like travelling but I have been thinking I would like to visit some friends in the US - but I am old and have preexisting heath conditions and I'm now thinking it's not worth the risk.

It's perhaps time to just make a final decision that travel outside of Canada is something that I no longer do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.
Please note that I do not check regularly.