Monday, July 15, 2024

Gone?

 

Back when there was still a "Next Blog" button on Blogger I found a lot of interesting blogs that I started following.  Since the loss of the button I haven't found a single new blog to follow.

Over time most of these blogs have stopped posting or just disappeared altogether.

I'm now down to one blog that still posts regularly.

There were two others that I have followed for years and which had regular postings which I enjoyed.

One was a poetry blog by an older man who wrote a lot about aging and the approach of death.  His last post was six months ago.

The other was a photography blog which included both general photography and photos of his family.  Over many years I got to feel that I knew, and liked,  these people.  His last post was eleven months ago.

I can't help but fear the worst, that both of them have died.  Not necessarily of course - they may be health or family or other reasons why they have stopped.

I miss them.


I'm also and older man and death will be coming.  No one I know has any idea that I have a blog.   I keep no notes.  The password is not written down anywhere.

There are times when I go fairly long periods without posting.    If it appears at some point that I am gone for good I'd like to say thanks to everyone who bothered reading.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.
Please note that I do not check regularly.