Friday, November 27, 2020

 

Several years ago, when I had a few weeks between selling one condo and getting possession of my new one, I stayed in a residential hotel in a furnished unit with a kitchen but no laundry.

I put almost everything, including most of my clothing, into temporary storage.  I lived for those weeks with two pairs of pants, two shirts, two pairs of socks, two sets underwear and a pair of jeans. Every night after work I washed one set of shirt, socks and underwear and hung them in the shower to dry.  On the weekend when there was no housekeeping in the unit I washed one pair of pants on Friday evening, and the other pair on Saturday evening.

Doing that for those weeks, making simple meals in the small kitchen, having almost nothing around me that I owned,  I was really so happy.



No comments: