Saturday, May 18, 2024

Paper Towels

 

I've noticed many times that people tend to grab one, two, three or more paper towels in a bunch when they need to use them.  Similarly with antiseptic wipes - two, not one.   I don't do this - I take one and use it and then take more only if one was not enough.

I think this may come from my childhood.  My parents grew up during The Depression.  My father on a farm where they were poor and survived because they could produce most, if not all, of their own food.  My mother's family was a little better off and her father had a job, but to keep things going my grandmother moved the kids to the basement and rented out the bedrooms to boarders, and in the summer she turned the back yard into a garden and sold any excess around the neighbourhood.

So I grew up in an environment of not wasting and not using more than you need.  

In the 1950's it was still a time when you changed into old clothes when you got home from work or school.  You also wore those old clothes until they were worn out.

My friends tend to be environmentally conscious people so it the inconsistency surprises me when they use more of something than they need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.
Please note that I do not check regularly.