Saturday, October 7, 2023

Senior Moment?

 

It's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and roast turkey is one of my favourite foods so I picked up a bone-in skin-on turkey breast and roasted it yesterday and had a really nice early Thanksgiving dinner. 

I'm going out for another one tonight. Yes, that's how fond I am of a roast turkey dinner.

So after dinner last night I cleaned up the kitchen and separated the turkey meat from the bones and skin and was looking forward to leftover turkey - sandwiches, stir fry, warmed-over, a la king.

I had the turkey packaged up but decided it was still pretty warm so I decided to let it sit a bit before I put I in the fridge.

This morning when I went to make tea I was surprised to see something sitting on the counter, and then totally appalled to realize I had left the turkey sitting out all night.

So several meals worth of good turkey meat are in the garbage.

Senior moment or just plain stupidity?


No comments: