Wednesday, October 25, 2023

One on One Works Best


So I had some friends over for dinner last weekend.

And once again the same dynamic took place.  I tried to be part of the conversation but I was essentially ignored for the whole evening.

I tried the technique or talking softly (partly to get anyone's attention, but also to try an make them stop talking so loudly) and that did nothing.

I tried the technique of keeping on talking so someone would stop and listen but they ignored me again and kept right on talking to each other.

Someone was showing pictures on their phone and actually showed them to everyone but me.

The thing is, these are all people who I get along fine with and have reasonably good conversations with - although more listening than speaking on my part - when we are in a one on one situation,

In the end though, I'm old, I'm introverted, I'm not likely to make any new friends so I have to hold on to those I have even though they may annoy me.

No comments: