Wednesday, August 23, 2023

On Demand

 

I find that I never watch any program on live TV now.  Everything I watch is either on demand or on the internet or on a DVD I've borrowed from the library.

Recently I was thinking back to "the old days" , as we old folks are wont to do, and remembering waiting all week for the next episode of a series on PBS.

Also, having to be sure to be in front of the TV at the right (and only) time to catch the next episode or a series you watched.  If you missed it that was it unless you were able to catch it months later on a summer rerun.

Not that I mind being able to see things when I choose, it's wonderful.  My only issue is that there is so much that I would like to watch and not enough time.  

I generally spend my mornings doing chores and errands (I like to get out and home before noon in order to avoid the busier world from lunchtime onward), then the afternoon reading,TV after dinner, then more reading before turning off the light and going to sleep.  

I thought I would have so much time for myself when I retired but the days fly by and there's no possible way to do, read, see all the things I would like.


No comments: