Monday, July 24, 2023

Laundry Soap

 

I have noticed that powdered laundry soap seems to be disappearing.  There are very few packages or brands on the grocery store shelf and the price has soared.  Some stores don't stock it at all.

I have been coerced by this to start using liquid detergent and while it does the job I wonder why, at a time when there is so much concern about plastic waste, I'm being forced to use a product that results in an empty plastic container that has to be dealt with.  With the powdered detergent you're left with an easily biodegradable cardboard box.

I don't like the laundry pods either.  They leave you with no control over how much detergent you're going to use per load.  The manufacturer has complete control over how many loads you can do with one package.



No comments: