Friday, February 10, 2023

Minimalism Feb 10, 2023

 

I have this easy chair that I never sit in, partly because I'm suspicious it aggravates my sciatica, but I've never really found it all that comfortable.  But the usual mind things of, "I paid good money for it" or "the room will look empty without it" or "maybe I'll get used to it" have been kicking in.  

So last week I moved it to another room just to see how I felt about it being "gone" - at first the space seemed a little empty but within a couple of days I was loving seeing the open space, and of course not missing the chair since I never sit in it.

So today it's going down to the condo garbage area where someone can take it if they want it or it will just get thrown out.

Downsizing can be kind of addictive.  I get thinking there's nothing left I can discard and thenI find myself looking at something and the thought creeps in, "Maybe I don't need that", and it always feels so good when something goes.


No comments: