Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Movie: Mary, Mary (1963)

 

Debbie Reynolds, Barry Nelson, Michael Rennie, Diane McBain

This is one of my favourite movies. I watch it whenever I get the chance.  Unfortunately it does not seem to be available on DVD, BlueRay or the iTunes store.  The last time I saw it was a few years ago when I was visiting a friend who has cable and it was on TCM.

I first saw this film on TV as a teenager.  It made a huge impression on me.  The wit of the script, the apartment they lived in, the sophisticated New York life.  And I was sure this was the life I was headed for with wit, a nice apartment, my own Barry Nelson, intelligent friends and bagels (which I had never heard of before).

I got the bagels.  And a nice enough condo. And some great friends. 

But not the lifestyle.  Or a Barry Nelson.


No comments: