Saturday, July 24, 2021

Lack of forethought

 

So, I bought a new flash drive so I could copy some things from one flash drive to a separate one.

BUT, my new computer has only two USB ports and they are side by side.  My old flash drives fit fine side by side but the new one is wider and once it was in the port there was no way anything could fit in the port beside it.

So I copied the files to the computer and from there to the new flash drive.  But I had not wanted to put that information on my computer.  Sure I could delete the file afterward but we all know that deleting a file does not mean that it is unretrieveable. 

USB ports and flash drives have been in use for years.  How could this potential problem not have occurred to the person designing the flash drive case  - or their supervisor or anyone down the line in the production of this product?


No comments: