Sunday, May 30, 2021

Netflix: Requiem


[Spoilers]


I would call this series a near miss.

It drew me in enough that I binged it, BUT.

It was numbingly slow at times.  Too many long shots of people looking thoughtful, or worried, or sad, or confused or as though they smelled something bad.

It got sillier as it went along and the ending was just ridiculous and unsatisfying.  I believe it was based on a novel which I haven't/won't read.  The series would have worked far better as just as mystery.  The supernatural business would have been ok if it had been presented as just misguided people thinking they were witches.  To make the supernatural real just did not work - in the end it just felt overly contrived.   I suppose being partially possessed by an archangel could explain why the lead character was so angry, impulsive, volatile and kind of stupid. 

The hair was enough to drive one to stop watching.

I hope they have no plans for another season.  If they do I certainly will not watch.  This crossed my mind because there weren't enough shallow graves at the end to account for all the people who were missing.



No comments: