Friday, July 3, 2020

Re Netflix




I've had Netflix for two months now so the novelty has worn off and I think I pretty much know how I will be using it going forward.

I had expected far more movies, at least movies that I actually want to watch, than there are.

There is far less gay content than I had hoped.

I have very little interest anymore in science fiction (20 years ago I would have been thrilled with all there is on offer). 

I have no interest in shows about people with supernatural powers, or superpowers in general.  Or magic.  Or time travel.  

I don't much care about sex comedies.

I like murder mysteries but not spy stories or secret government agencies or violent vigilantes.
The Nordic countries seem to do the best job of creating these.  

I wish they would do series based on one year at time.  I hate cliffhangers, especially when it turns out they don't do the next season and you never know what happens.  Doing more than one season is ok, but I prefer it when each season is it's own story - things can carry over from a previous season but each season should be complete in itself.  


No comments: