Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Bad Book




I just finished a truly bad book.  I'm not going to give out the name or the author or the title, I'm not that mean.

The writing was not the worst I have ever come across but it was monotonous.  I think the author was trying to imitate hard-boiled detective fiction from the mid-twentieth century and it just did not work.

I admit to just scanning sections because I could not torture myself by reading in detail.

The stupid and totally unbelievable ending, however, really did it.  I felt like hurling the book across the room but didn't want to damage the wall.

Normally when I finish a book I pass it on to a friend or put in the book exchange area downstairs.  In this case I decided I did not want to be responsible for anyone else wasting precious time reading it so I tossed it into the paper recycling bin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.
Please note that I do not check regularly.