Monday, July 24, 2017

New Clothes




I've made an effort this spring and summer to buy a few new items of clothing.

But I'm finding that, even though I spend time in the store trying things on and thinking about when I can wear an item and what it will match etc. etc.,  I'm not wearing them.  I don't seem to like them.

Perhaps I just need to make more of an effort to wear them until I get used to them.

One big problem is that I don't really like fashions now.  I've never liked tight form-fitting clothing and of course that is what's being marketed for men now.  Narrow pants, low-rise (which I hate to wear or to look at on others), tight shirts with very short tight sleeves, soft fabrics which show every imperfection in your body.

If I like an item of clothing I tend to wear it until it literally falls apart.  I wear faded and frayed things regularly.

There seems to be so much choice when you look around in a store, but really most of it is just variations on whatever narrow choice of styles some "fashion expert" has decided is "in" this year, and no doubt what will cause many people to buy whole new wardrobes just in order to be in style.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.
Please note that I do not check regularly.