Friday, June 9, 2023

BritBox

 

I subscribed to BritBox and I am so pleased with the service.  

There are lots of mystery programs which is the kind of viewing I most enjoy at this stage of my life.  

There are new programs but also older shows like A Touch of Frost, Morse, Dalziel and Pascoe, Bergeron. Some of these I've seen before but it's been so long that they seem like new to me.

They also have the extant episodes of the original Dr. Who series from the twentieth century.  I remember watching them when they were first broadcast on the CBC and seeing them now is like getting in touch with old friends.  I'm also enjoying seeing anew how creative the BBC people were putting these together on a limited budget.

I still have Netflix but I watch less and less as time goes by.  Perhaps it just my age but I'm just not interested in supernatural, post-apocalyptic, magic, superhero, crime, gangster and romance programs.  I'm keeping it at the moment.





No comments: