Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Junk Calls

 

My phone has been ringing every 15 minutes all morning long.

I usually screen calls and don't answer if I don't recognize the caller.

No messages were left so eventually I decided to give in and answer - three times - a recorded phishing message about a charge on my Amazon account - the second time I pressed 1 and told the person who answered that I knew they weren't Amazon and they hung up.  The third time I said they had been calling my number all morning and the response was "so what" before the hang up.

I guess if it continues I'll unplug the phone for the rest of the day.

This is so annoying.  I'm on the "No Calls" list.  I still get junk calls regularly but I just accept that as "modern life" but every 15 minutes is just a bit much.  

So yes, I can unplug the line, but that is depriving me of the use of my phone line for real incoming calls.

What we need is a system where we can list the numbers that we will accept calls from and ALL other numbers are blocked.  I wonder if such a thing already exists?


No comments: