Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Detatched

 

Ontario seems to be treating the pandemic as "over" and people are getting back to a more "normal" life.  I think this is happening too soon but since I'm retired it's easier for me than for most to continue to limit contact and to continue to wear a mask - although a mask when others aren't wearing them is not nearly as protective.

But I'm realizing more and more that I'm used to being on my own and away from the world.  I've always been introverted and not that comfortable with people but I've found on the few occasions of late when I've been with friends that while it's nice to see them I'm glad when it's time to say goodbye and I can be on my own again.

I'm finding being in the busier world with more people incredibly annoying.  People just get on my nerves so much.  I just don't have the patience to deal with them.

I was considering going to visit some friends this summer but then the mere idea of coping with travel, of getting on a plane and being trapped in the air with humans just feels repulsive.  

At this point I don't know if I'm ever going to be willing, or able, to go back to life as it was.

No comments: