Friday, February 5, 2021

the miniseries problem

 

So once again I've watched three episodes of a mini-series and realized that I'm only continuing to watch out of some misguided sense of obligation.  Obligation to whom??  This happens so often and I think it is not a fault in me but that most mini-series just do not have enough content to sustain them - they'd be better with fewer episodes, or often they really would work far better as a two hour movie.  I'm ok with a  series when each episode is a different story, and I'm ok with a series when there's a subplot running through the series but the main part of each episode has it's own story.

And why does so very much of the dialogue consist of "fuck, fucking, fucked"?  It's a word that used to have impact but now it's used so much in productions that it feels like it's just used by lazy scriptwriters attempting to have impact while being too lazy to actually write.


No comments: