Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Whole Bunch of Movies


I mainly watch movies on DVD's that I borrow from the library.

Recently a slew of them I'd requested showed up at almost the same time.



Doctor Strange
Well put together, fun, the cast is good.  These action comic type things just are not for me - perhaps I'm just too old.


Florence Foster Jenkins
Pretty good, easy to watch, often touching.
Hugh Grant all grown up.
Simon Helberg charming.


The Light Between Oceans.
The cast is great, the writing good, the photography beautiful.


Little Men
A low budget film with an excellent cast and so much said and unsaid.
Definitely my kind of film.


The Conjuring 2
I may not be a comic fan but I'm a long time fan of horror - well done things with a budget like this one but also low budget schlock.
Some good scary moments.
Perhaps just a bit too long.


Tremors: 1,2,3,4,5
Yep, I watched them all in sequence.
These are just great - a rare case where the sequels at least hold up or even get better as they go along.
Michael Gros is just delightful.


The Iron Lady
Finally got to see this.
Meryl Streep deserved the awards she got for this one.    I often forgot it was her on the screen.




No comments: